If you've missed some of my posts on Fixing a Broken Team, here's a summary:
- Lead with confidence, not with your ego.
- Build trust.
- Find out the true concerns of the team you're going to lead.
- State the not-so-obvious - your group is a team.
Find the naysayers and bring them to your point of view or neutralize them if necessary.
- Set the context – where people fit into the company.
- Set the vision – where the team can go.
- Let ‘em know what you’ve done in the past (with a bit of humility!)
- Set an expectation for excellence.
- Help and solve chronic problems – people must see evidence of leadership.
- Put them on the map.
I have two more steps to share with you ... thanks for your participation!
Jim Bohn, Ph.D.